Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day






O.K... I doubt any father's are reading this but for you ladies who have amazing Dads in your life, Happy Father's Day. I myself was blessed with a wonderful Daddy. He is funny, loving, strong, and hardworking. My favorite memories are as a young child spending time with my Dad. He has always made me feel special. A gift I think every father should give his daughter. I often wonder how I became so independent and confident and when I reflect on my childhood, I believe my Mother and Father gave me that gift. I wish we lived closer and could be in each other's life more. No matter what though, he still calls me about once a week just to say I love you and tell me how proud of me he is. Just that act is priceless!

And, then the other Daddy in my world-- Landon! Oh, how lucky Laura Beth is. She has just begun to experience the wonderful qualities of her Daddy. I admire my husband tremendously! He's hardworking, caring, smart, and dependable! I have never doubted his commitment to me or our family. Landon works hard each day, comes home sits down for dinner with us, bathes Laura Beth and spends time with her playing or reading. Some days I tutor so he takes her to the park or to grab some dinner. On Saturdays he gets up with Laura Beth while I sleep in and most weekends bring me breakfast in bed. (Sundays are his sleep in day) On top of being an amazing husband and father, I never have to ask him to cut the grass, take out the trash, do dishes, etc. As for any other housework... well let's just say that's my job. :) And on top of all that he gives me time to be with my friends never complaining. I can go to dinner or even spend the night off and he's happy to spend that time with Laura Beth and give me the break I need. I am grateful to his Dad who raised him to be such a great man. I thank God for placing him in my life and giving us a child to raise up together. I know He will be proud of our work.

No comments: