Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Woods Weekend/Laura Beth and Books



Well there's not too much interesting to blog about these days. We had a relaxing weekend. Shannon and her family came to visit Saturday and we celebrated Carter's 9th birthday with dinner and cake. I hate that I didn't get any pictures. We enjoyed their visit.. especially Laura Beth. I think she should have been a second or third child. She loves going places or having company. When other people are around I don't have to entertain her at all. Landon had to work Saturday morning so Laura Beth and I went to McDonough. I went to this amazing fabric store there in town while Laura Beth played with Aubrey at Erin's. I know Erin took a million pictures so I will get one and post later.

Tonight I figured I would post a few pictures of Laura Beth and her books. The child is obsessed with books. Her favorite thing to do is sit and have you read to her. We probably read an average of 20 books a day to her. It's a constant thing. She brings them to you and repeats.. "book, book, up, up" and climbs into your lap for a story. Lately when I go in her room in the mornings she wants to stay in her bed. She'll ask for her books. I put a few in with her and go get dressed or make coffee, etc. Then when she's ready, she'll start yelling "mama, mama." I hope she keeps this love for reading. I love books myself and love to think you can go anywhere, learn anything, or dream anything through books.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i'm so jealous she wants to stay in bed and read books, that's so nice!!! she'll be a smart girl reading that much!