Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nana and Papa







I have always loved and respected my mother but once you have a child.. something changes. I have a new found respect and admiration for my mother. One of my first thoughts as a new mom was "wow, someone loved me this much!" As I looked at my daughter I felt more loved than ever before. Knowing that my own mother held me that way and went through what I went through just for me was an amazing feeling. On days when I am exhausted or wondering if I will ever get anything done, I think of my mother. The woman who did it all by herself with FOUR children. A woman who gave her life to us at age 17! This is the hardest and most important job of my life and I work hard at it but I must say.. I don't think I could have done it at 17 or X4! My mother was there by my side as she has always been cheering me on.. "push, push--there she is!" She and Randy (Papa) stayed for a week and helped me with everything! Well, Papa Randy did most of the cooking and washing clothes while Nana held Laura Beth. He would be sure and steal her back every now and again though. (I blame them for her demanding personality-- always wanting to be held and entertained) My mom has been a wonderful grandmother! She has been so supportive this past year as Landon and I embarked on this amazing adventure called parenthood. She and Randy never hesitated to jump in the car and drive up even if it was just to pick out paint or shop for a light fixture for the nursery. They have been there every step of the way and I am eternally grateful. As I browsed for some photos to post of mom and Laura Beth I realized that I didn't have many recent ones. She will be staying with them for the weekend, so I am sending a camera. I will hopefully post more later. Above are pictures of Papa Randy helping me in Laura Beth's nursery, Nana and Papa holding there baby girl, and then Laura Beth having fun in the jumperoo they got her when she was about 5 months old.









No comments: