Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Decorating for Christmas 2007





I am excited about my new blog and sharing our lives with you. November and December were busy months. We hosted dinner and gatherings with family and friends and traveled for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I absolutely love the holidays! My favorite part is entertaining and spending time with everyone. I also can't wait to decorate for Christmas each year. I usually put up the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving and I decorate it on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving while I am out of school. This year since I am not working, it didn't get decorated until the weekend after Thanksgiving. I envisioned Laura Beth and I pulling out all of the decorations and her eating the Christmas balls while I decorated. To my disbelief she wasn't interested. I couldn't believe that she never really bothered the tree. A few times she pulled at the beads but other than that, my decorations stayed in place. I think she was too preoccupied with her newest favorite pastime-- STAIR CLIMBING! Ahhh..... For those of you lucky enough to have never played, it's when the baby crawls very quickly to the stairs climbs right up with no problem and attempts to climb down. The problem being they don't know how to get down. So the adult spends his or her time sitting at the stairs to make sure baby doesn't crack his head at the bottom. You see.... the 60.00 gate that Papa Randy and Daddy spent two hours installing isn't good enough. It only works at the top. So finally, I just decide to spend all of my time upstairs. I just decided to clean the kitchen.. again! The only room in the house that gets cleaned constantly because I can trap Laura Beth in her highchair with a snack.

No comments: