Friday, February 8, 2008

And she's off.....

My baby is walking! Laura Beth has been trying to take a few steps for about a week or two but in the past two days she is really trying. Today at playgroup she was showing off I guess and taking numerous steps. Then tonight she would walk halfway across the room. I know she is just going to get quicker in the next few weeks. Of course, she has some bumps and bruises to show for it all. I just can't believe how fast time flies! We visited a friend tonight whose baby is a week old. He is so tiny and sweet. It just blows my mind to realize all this happens in just 11 months! So exciting and so much fun. I just love watching her grow and become a little person. The babies in our playgroup are starting to really interact and just cracking me up. Today, they would fuss for the same toy and then they all crowded at the back door intriqued by Alice and Scott's dogs. They were pushing and pulling on each other trying to get a spot at the back door. So cute!!

I am having so much fun with Laura Beth this week. Landon is sick and usually I would be overwhelmed without the help but I must say we are just having a ball together. Daddy is quarentined to the basement with the flu. Laura Beth is also trying her best to talk. She attempts to say so many words. It blows my mind sometimes. Right now, she tries to say: Mama, Dada, Bye, bye, Diaper (i know seems silly but really!!), Thank You, Bottle, Potty (when I let Sadie out and say "Go Potty" Laura Beth mimicks me say Poeee, Poee), No, Cookie, Meme, Nana, Nae, Nae (LeNae... her teacher at Mommy's Morning Out), Yaha (for Laura), and Paula (or more like Pawya). While I read her the book Quiet/Loud last night, it reads "whispering is quiet, screaming is LOUD" and I always whisper the first part and then when I say LOUD....she mimicks me saying WOWWD. Today when we got to the part, "sniffles are quiet, sneezes are LOUD .. AH CHOO" she cracked up laughing. We just sat in her bedroom reading that page over and over again... laughing together.

Oh, the joys of motherhood!!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

yea!!!!!! way to go Laura Beth! she did grow up fast. i love reading books to them when they actually start interacting with you and the story. how fun!