Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Treasure of a Friend

Tonight I thought about how much I used to love quotes and read good ones. I still love them but just haven't found the time to read much lately and my "deep thoughts" aren't running too deep these days. But as I opened a book a dear friend gave to me for my birthday last year. There was one of my all time favorite friendship quotes. "My only sketch, profile, of heaven is a large blue sky....larger than the biggest I have ever seen in June-and in it are my friends- every single one of them. --Emily Dickinson.

My sketch, profile of heaven has many images but one of those images is definitely my friends. My friends are as dear to me as my family, my husband, and my child. They are there to laugh with, cry with, share the joys and struggles of womanhood, and celebrate with. I treasure each and every one of them and thank God for their prescence in my life.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

LOVE that quote, very sweet! I consider myself lucky to be friends with you, you have always been so king, loving, loyal, generous- you have been a dependable friend who will laugh with you, cry with you, and have a blast with you. Laura Beth and Landon are lucky to have you!! Love ya and miss ya!