Saturday, April 19, 2008

One Step Forward, Three Steps Back!



O.k... what a week!! How does one end up "in the negative" or behind while working so hard to get ahead. Well, I will tell you. It's called Motherhood. After spending a week with a fussy, drooly baby my "mommy intuition" (O.K.. I think it was actually God) told me to take her into the doctor on Friday. I called and they said they could see us right away. Great! I got Laura Beth up from her nap, fed her lunch and dressed her. In that order because meal time these days is like one big messy food fight. Miss Independent will not let us feed her anymore. She insists on holding the spoon and feeding herself. I have to put the jar of babyfood or food in a small bowl and put it on her highchair tray. She is pretty good at it but makes a nice mess. I was loading the dishwasher and she said "uh oh..." I turned around to see her holding up the bowl and dumping out green beans. BABYFOOD GREEN BEANS.. TOTAL MUSH. Anyway, after lots of babywipes we were ready to go. I grabbed diapers, sippy cup, "puffs," the passy and blankie.. the bare necessities when running out with a baby. All I wanted for myself was a cold diet coke and granola bar. (mom's live on granola bars!) Holding Laura Beth, my purse, diaper bag and my coke we headed out. Did I mention my child weighs 25 pounds.. anyway. Just as we approach the door (at 1:30 for our 1:45 appointment) I drop the coke.. OPEN COKE! Stay calm, stay calm I think. Never mind my carpet and garage door is soaked in soda. After some carpet cleaner and a new coke of course we were finally on our way. An hour later I am calling my husband to share the news. Our daughter has hand, foot, and mouth disease. O.K. I would much rather call it a virus! Disease sounds so scary. Thank goodness I took the time to listen to God telling me take her in. Our alternate plans consisted of going to Gymboree class, then to see Janill's newborn baby, and back for a 1st birthday party. I would have infected a ton of children. So, tonight I just pray for a comfy baby who sleeps in her bed all night. (She made her way to ours 3 nights this week). My to do list this week consisted of cleaning my house, visiting Janill, completing lots of monogram orders, ... Well my house is messier than it was, I didn't make to Janill's and get this, while working on a bag just now, I accidentally cut the wrong piece. I had to start over and then messed up again. So instead of finishing the bag I actually ruined the part I had previously done. Therefore, I am more behind than I started. I am still learning to allow myself three times the normal time frame to get anywhere or get anything done. My "to do" list must be shortened and I should have left the house at 1:00 to get to an appointment at 1:45 even if it is only 10 minutes away. But, you know what it is all worth every minute. The part of my day that sticks out the most is chasing Laura Beth on my hands and knees down the hallway and her laughing hysterically when I catch her. And, watching her play with Lloyd while he was over hanging out with Landon. Here's a few pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that sister! - Erin