Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Initiation!

I know this sounds dorky but motherhood is like the best "club" I have ever been a part of. You know me, I just love a good club. Only mother's will understand. It's like being in the grocery store and seeing a new mom with her baby. You just have this urge to go up to her and say "hi" or give her a hug and say "I know what you go through." There have been numerous "initiations" I should say, but how about this one... fishing in the bathtub. And, I don't mean for fish... for poop!!!!! My dear angel, just seems to get the "urge" these days when she's sitting in that warm water. So for all of you aspiring moms, you will find yourself in this scenario: Hubby is giving baby a bath while mommy sneaks away for a quiet moment (like locking herself in the office or the bathroom). Hubby yells "mommy... help!" Mommy rushes in to see daddy holding baby in towel and bathtub full of poo... and toys of course. Thank God for mom's, what would they do without us.. (probably leave tub as it is until we get home). So, instead of my "quiet moment" I find myself scooping poop out of the tub, and cloroxing the tub and tub toys. Gross, I know. Welcome to Motherhood. :) Just thought I would share the things they don't tell you.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

What is it about the bathtub these days. You'd think once they got to be a year old they would realize that's not where it goes but I guess not. We're right there with you as we've had some of those enjoyable moments recently!

Jaime said...

i hear ya sister! you haven't been initiated until you've had a baby spit up on your face (and some gets in your mouth- yuck!), pooped on, peed on, the list goes on and on. and i thought cats and dogs were gross:)