Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009!!

We rang in the new year in Charleston with great friends!! It was a fun few days and I had a lot of laughs with the girls. The highlight was the annual Polar Bear Swim on Sullivan's Island. No explanation can give this event justice. You just have to see it. Tons of people wake up on New Years Day and head to the streets to celebrate. Yes, I mean wake up and head to the streets. No showers, many in random costumes or pajamas and I mean RANDOM! Vendors are waiting with an abundance of hot dogs, yummy barbecue (low country style!), and spirits overfloweth. No one is left at home.. young, old, and all in between. Dogs, babies, grandma and grandpa .. you name it. At 2 o'clock a group of bagpipes lead a man out to the beach where thousands of people are waiting to jump in the ocean. Did I mention it was about 40 degrees. They run in and quickly ran out this time. I stood in shock... it was a great laugh I must say.

Returning home and having my precious baby girl run up to me yelling "mommy" brought 2009 home! I look forward to another year of wonderful memories and growth.

No comments: