Monday, January 5, 2009

Grateful!!!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Each day feel so truly blessed and thank my God for all he bestows upon me.

Today I am thankful for:

1. The pitter patter of "biscuit feet." I call Laura Beth's feet "biscuit feet" because they are so round and cute. She crosses them when she sits and says "mom, mom..." They keep me on my toes and keep my budget at work trying to keep them in shoes that fit.

2. A curious little soul. Lately, it's "mom, what's that?" "Mom, who's that?" "Mom, want one.. you sure (for are you sure?)"

3. Sweet kisses. A loving husband who is offering up more random kisses (as he says his new years resolution is to make me feel more special) Laura Beth's kiss, hug, five, and then rub your hands together. Too funny! In that order too.

4. A good job. I struggle with leaving my baby girl to return to work full time but during a time when I see others being laid off and struggling or those who work lots of hours... I find gratitude for my job as a teacher. I truly love teaching and the hours are so perfect for Laura Beth and family. I was able to enjoy two weeks with her and family at Christmas.

5. Emails and orders for The Whimsical Woods. Although I am so busy and would like days with nothing to do I am grateful for those that keep me on my toes. I have 4 orders in Jan. already and we are only on day 5! I thought everyone would be burnt out from Christmas. Bring it on!! Love it!

6. A dedicated husband. The way he knows and understands without words. He knows when I need him and steps up to the plate when necessary.

7. Amazing friends and family! A day doesn't go by when I don't lean on my friends and family through a phone call, email, text message, blog, or facebook message. Theire are just some spaces that can only be filled by a good friend.. mom, sister, or brother.

8. Grandparents!! Laura Beth is so blessed to have a Nana, Papa, Meme, Poppy, and great-grandmother who would climb mountains for her. They are always there whenever we need them to help with her. Nana, Papa, and Meme would jump in the car and drive here tomorrow if we needed them too. Landon's grandmother even at 80 years old has also been so sweet and good to us.

9. My home. Although I often think about that "dream home" I get to live in my "home." The one God has provided us with. It has a warm bed, plenty of space and things but most of all lots of love!!

10. The Bachelor! Hee, hee... but I am grateful for cheesy, dirty t.v. this Winter. It makes me sit down and relax taking a moment just for me. :)

No comments: