Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Who's Counting Anyway?


Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.... I have a one year old and I am 30!! I celebrated my 30th birthday last week. Don't have cute pictures of a big party like Laura Beth's but isn't that how it goes now. We do it all for our children! I did realize though looking at pictures of Laura Beth's birthday party that I have let myself go a bit. So I did buy myself a dress and am getting my hair highlighted and cut tomorrow. Best of all, I retired the maternity jeans and bought myself a new pair of jeans!! Landon and I didn't get to really celebrate because our baby was still fighting her ear infection last week. However, Laura planned a birthday celebration for Paula and I Saturday night. Laura, Paula, Julie, Paige, and I went to dinner at Eclipse De Luna and then out for a night on the town. We stayed downtown. My favorite part was sleeping in (well sort of...). Paula and Laura did wake up early to go have breakfast. One day when they both have kids, they will want to stay in bed and savor that moment as well. :) Laura decorated the room and had us cupcakes, gifts, etc. She is truly an amazing friend!! I thank God I have her in my life. She's such a giving, selfless person! Everyone asks how 30 feels. Most days I actually feel about 40 but I can't say I don't enjoy it. I love my life and smile everyday! Who's counting anyway.. it's just a number! In my opnion, life gets better and better. Cheers!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!!! it was the 13th right? I've been meaning to call or email, i did remember. Glad you had a fun girls night! Danny and I are planning a party in the backyard for me with 80's karaoke! can' t wait.
hope you enjoyed your special day, a whole new decade, no longer in the twenties baby!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS JUST A NUMBER ENJOY LOVE YOU GRANNY MOSS