Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Laura Beth!!!









It's official! I am the mom of a one year old. Where does the time go? It absolutely blows my mind that just a year ago I was welcoming our baby girl into the world and then this weekend we celebrated her first birthday. I began planning the big day in my head the first of the year. I feel some guilt as I know I probably overendulged and she "won't remember it anyway" as many say. However, I had so much fun planning it and was so humbled by our friends that took time out of their busy lives to come celebrate with us. Laura Beth was in her element, loving the crowd of people and all of the yummy food. She bopped around until after 9:00 socializing with everyone and eating anything she could get her hands on. What a trooper! I expected some drama and tears from exhaustion or being overwhelmed but nope, not my little party animal. Every time I turned around, someone else had her and she was just fine. We woke up to snow and I thought my big plans were going to be a mess. But thanks to quick thinking from Mom and Tiffany, we moved everything inside. I had planned on a bouncehouse for the bigger kids and had to cancel it. We moved the bed out of the basement and up the tables went. I ran to Michaels and grabbed some crafts for the kids. It did get a bit crowded in the house but it just made me realize how blessed we are by the people in our lives! Not one person at the party lived right here in Douglasville. Most traveled to be with us! And a big thanks to Mom, Randy, and Tiffany for helping us pull it off! Happy Birthday Laura Beth!!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday big girl!!! went by fast. looks like you had a great time. i love the dress, cake, colors, everything. very beautiful, special party for beautiful, special girl!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me such an important part of Laura Beth's party! I love ya'll so much.