Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust...

After breakfast as LB was telling everyone to "be careful."
Whitney and I at breakfast the morning after.

Daddy and Laura Beth.

An attempt at a family pic.

Just kidding.. We spent the weekend in Vienna GA for Whitney and Matt's wedding. It was a blessing to watch them declare their vows before God and begin their journey together. I spent most of the wedding thinking of my dear friend Paula who is staring divorce in the eyes. She and her husband made the same declaration five years ago and now he is asking her for a divorce. Very surreal. As the congregation stated "I Will" I wondered who would actually fulfill that promise. I haven't talked to Ben only texted him but was reminded of my promise to God so I am preparing what I can say that could possibly make a difference. Any advice is appreciated. :) I just can't believe it's actuallly happening to such a wonderful couple who were once so in love! Reminds me how sacred a marriage is and what hard work it can be. Even when you think it's easy.. you must be careful to make sure you are fulfilling each others needs and not letting the hustle and bustle of life make you forget or let things slip. I know I love Landon more and more each day and I pray that we never have to face such hardship. Just don't take it for grantef folks because if it can happen to Ben and Paula it can happen to anyone!

O.k. on a lighter note, we had a great time this weekend in Vienna. Laura Beth loves being in South Georgia and a crowd of people is just up her ally. She danced the night away and kept me on my toes! And Mrs. Debbie had breakfast at her house this morning to see the bride and groom off on their honeymoon. Laura Beth greeted everyone and then stood at the edge of the steps as people left saying "bye.. be careful!" She keeps me laughing these days!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

she's precious... i miss her! olivia said maybe you could meet up with us and we could get together soon... miss all ofyou! anyway, sorry to hear about your dear friends, that's so sad and tough- divorce is a nightmare. if there's still hope for counseling, i'd suggest that. i also always recommened the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. It's helped our marriage tremendously. It's a way of verbalizing what your needs/desires are and how you feel loved and receive love, then you can "learn" the language of your spouse and give love in the way he needs or receives it best. we'll pray for them