Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Labor Day 2008!!

I wish I could say we took some awesome vacation but the truth is we stayed right here in Douglasville! A relaxing weekend however, spent at home with each other! Gotta love those! We did visit with friends who chose to stay close to home as well. And of course Landon cooked a wonderful meal. Ribs, corn, baked beans, and his world famous cheesecake on Sunday. That thing is yummy!!! Landon watched lots of football and Laura Beth found herself a new boyfriend named Wyatt Saturday night. We were over at some friends of Paula and Ben's in Newnan and she kept following a 3 year old around saying "mere Wyatt, mere" (translation "come here Wyatt"). She copied everything he did and when we were leaving she waved and said "bye Wyatt, hug.." He hugged her and then she said "kiss, kiss" and started leaning toward him. He was soooo cute, and turned away, saying, "what's happening here?" Too funny!!!

Last week went by so fast and there was no time to blog. Landon was in Minnesota on business and Laura Beth had a viral infection of some sort. I had to take off a half day on Tuesday and the entire day on Wednesday. She was just fussy and wanted to be held constantly. I didn't mind! I know the days of cuddling and holding my little baby are getting shorter and shorter so I welcome the opportunities. Today we went to look at new couches and had lunch. We didn't make a final decision but hope to soon as our couches are on their last leg. Laura Beth just enjoyed running around the showroom and having Daddy chase her. Lunch at a restaurant was as as usual.... find as many ways as you can to keep a one year old occupied and in her high chair while you attempt to eat. All in all I was just happy to spend time with my family! As for next weekend, Laura Beth is going to visit Nana and Papa while Daddy goes hunting. That means ... the whole house to myself! Wow.. what will I do? It has been a long time since that has happened.

Here are a few pics of Laura Beth I snapped the other day. She's in her room, looking at her books.

No comments: