Sunday, March 22, 2009

Woods World

O.K. I haven't blogged so much lately due to being very busy. The month of March has been .. well "madness!" Between celebrations, National Board Portfolio being due, The Whimsical Woods, and changes in Laura Beth's childcare.......whew!! It's amazing I am sane. O.K... maybe not sane, but functioning. :) I am reminded though that busy lives mean LIFE. Even in my mini chaos I am grateful for all God gives me. I always feel terrible if I come across complaining as that is not my intention. However, thanks to my mother I am a communicator and must "blow off steam" and/or talk about things (o.k. I know I talk too much!)

However this weekend I have locked myself in my house (well one trip to Target.. a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do -- right) and planted my bootie on my couch to try and complete my portfolio for National Board, a teacher certification I am seeking. (All due the 31st.. anyone up for a drink on Tuesday, March 31st!?!?!) Landon and Laura Beth went to Meme's for the weekend and to do some fishing. Oh, my poor little girl will be a tomboy no matter how hard I try! Landon said she was running around the pond, pulling in the fish, and even holding them and putting them back in the water. Wow!

For the big news of the week, Laura Beth started preschool. Or "lower preschool" as they like to call it at Primrose. Her nanny started thinking about a career move and we decided it was best to put her in a more structured environment. After much heartache and searching, we think we found the right place. She tried it out last week and loved it! So, Monday will be her official first day! I have only cried a few times. :) HA! I will try to snag a picture Monday.

So that's "woods world" for now. Leave me a comment so I will know who still reads this thing. My written journals are suffering right now so let me know it's meaningful to still post on here instead!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

LB will be the perfect blend of a tough girl who's not afraid to get her hands dirty, but also can be a lady and love to dress the part... perfect, dont' you worry, that's a good balance! good luck w/ everything!! and your comments on my blog are so true, you are and have always been soo generous!!

Erin Kay Photography said...

I am still reading!

Ali said...

I still read about what is going on in Woods World!

Anonymous said...

HI SWEET YOUR GRANNY MOSS READS EVERY ONE AND LOVES LOOKING AT ALL THE PICTURES MISS SEE THE FAMILY.
MOM AND RANDY KEEP ME UP ON ALL OF YOU LOVE YOU THREE GRANNY

mollymmccabe@gmail.com said...

Hi Heather, I love reading your blog! Its so fun watching LB growing up and helps me feel connected to the Atlanta crew. Thanks for posting and keep it up!! Best wishes on finishing National Boards, I'm so so so impressed that you're getting them done!! I contemplated it before Cora was born and wish I had just done it! Would have made future job searching easier among other things! You go girl, wish I could be there to buy you a drink on Tuesday!! Say hey to everyone for me.

mom said...

of course I am still reading, not sure if it is being nosy or just wanting to be close to all my babies. I love you so much and truly enjoyed all my time with my kids this Easter! IT WAS WONDERFUL!